Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Brick and arches are going in!











Look at the amazing job Cory and his guys and North Davis Cabinets did on the arches. They are perfect! Cam couldn't believe it. He kept saying over and over...I am so excited about the arches, they are my favorite part of the house now. He is so cute. They really did turn out beautifully.
This week has been a very exciting and busy week for progress on the house. They started bricking the exterior yesterday. I think that the dark mortar was the best choice ever. It's kind of hard to see the black bricks that we mixed in with the brown ones, but at certain angles they really show up. I love it! They should be working into next week and then hopefully, stone work will start. We are still missing the front door though. It may be the last thing to go in, we'll see. Otherwise, they have hung the storm doors and are finishing frames out the fireplaces etc. It's going really well.

4 comments:

Preeces said...

Grand, Grand, Bravo, Fabulous, Stupendous, flipping great! That's all I has to say!m.

Jenny Hilton said...

AMAZING!! That mortar is the perfect choice. and those arches--words cannot describe their beauty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mindy, those arches are awesome! I definately agree with the mortar choice too. Do you mind if the Fletchers move in too?

We are going to Kolly's this weekend. A Thanksgiving meal with no kids sounds great to me. With my kids around, I can barely enjoy a warm meal so I can't pass up such an opportunity. Hope to see you and your hot man there.

Dial Family said...

How beautiful!! I have never seen arches like those before. They are just going to look gorgeous!! BTW. Another girl is being added to the brood. YAY!! ;-)