Saturday, September 20, 2008

House Progress, Milly Dawn, and The Karate Kids

Full Monty! There is another window that hasn't been cut out in front of Cameron.
This is "hopefully" what my future front door is going to look like. It's a steel door and probably between 8 and 9 feet high. That means custom made though and that also means extra dollars. We'll see what the budget allows, but for my eye that's my favorite. What do you think?
This is the entry way and roofing above. This is inside looking out onto the street. There will be rough hewn beams, in arches, down the length of the entry, on the ceiling.
Cam measuring and remeasuring. "THIS GARAGE ISN'T TALL ENOUGH." "What did the plans say it was supposed to be." "No, that's not right, is it?" says Cameron every evening upon inspection of the days work.
Kitchen once again. This time with roof beams overhead.


Milly likes to crawl into this tiny space between the window and my cabinet. At least once a day I find her here. It's her little space for quite time I guess. It's so small she has to back herself into it. She's such a funny littlle thing.



Owen and Cameron started karate a couple of weeks ago. And they mean business about it. Look at those facial expressions. Don't they just scream black belt? I think so too. Proud of you boys. Maybe someday you'll see me in the DOUGHJO.




9 comments:

The Cain Family said...

Love love love all those updates. I was really missin ya girl! How do you girls do those cute frame ones? I need to step up my game- I'm fallin behind on the homefront now. I miss you so much right now. Just got off the phone with mom. Talked to her a few times tonight. I'm very sad and missin my fam. Changing the subject before I ball my eyes out. The front door is great - I think. I can't see it up close and personal. Need bigger pic please. It's gonna be great!!! Love you.

Kolly said...

You are too funny, DOUGHJO! The door will look great...you will need to hire Jeeves to pull it open I think cause it looks heavy :o)

Chandie said...

What a cute idea to take karate WITH your son! What a cute daddy! I love the pics, priceless!! And your house... amazing! Can't wait to see it all complete!

Jenny Hilton said...

Those pics of milly are so cute. At first I was thinking "when and where did she have those taken-they look professional. But then I noticed your green cupboard. Anyway Love em. I can't wait until Matt and Cache can do Karate together. Hopefully Matt will be up to it when Cache is old enough.
Love you

Scott and Rachel Ellis said...

This house is so amazing, Love Love Love it.
That entry way is to die for.
Love,Rach

Gertge Family said...

WoW! The house is really coming along! Looks great.

Im loving the Karate pics. So cool.

Anonymous said...

Milly is the cutest thing ever. My kids love to squeeze into tight spaces too! The karate pictures are great, and the house is looking spectacular! Miss your cute face, it seems like forever since I've seen you!

Preeces said...

Kay, if I don't get that software soon, I think I am going to die. So, I spent my money on boots instead. But love the house. Can't wait to see it tomorrow!!!!!!!!!11

Dial Family said...

Minds!! SO CUTE!! I love your blog by the way; getting ready for the season I see. I LOVE HALLOWEEN!! The house is looking amazing (Nate saw it and said, "That's all they have done, I thought they were a lot further.." (Boys..) I love your idea for the front door. I hope that turns out for you. The boys are so SERIOUS looking in their karate suits. SO FUN!! I cannot believe how big MILLY has gotten. She is SO GORGEOUS!! (Nate thought it was LIlly at first; I had to tease him that Lilly wasn't that gorgeous :) j/k.) I LOVE IT!! It's so good to see how everyone is doing. KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON Girl!!